We didn't go to Orlando for the Disney thing.
Ryan and I both agree that our kids will not be going to Disney World before age 5, at least! It doesn't make sense to take them when they are so young, still need naps, and need to be constantly taken care of. I think 5-8 is the perfect range of taking young kids to these kinds of places. Not to mention how expensive it is for Ry and I to go. I don't know about you, but I kind of want to enjoy my time there instead of worrying if Brinley has a dirty bum, lug around a heavy diaper bag, if her sippy cup is clean, if she is too tired, going on rides alone or having to constantly watch her in midst of the busy crowds. If we had free tickets to go? Heck ya would I take her! But, I haven't even been to Disney World yet. I would LOVE to go with Ryan and just go go go non-stop all day and have a blast! Maybe I am just being selfish, but I think there are some things in life that are fine to delay for kids to appreciate a bit more :-) Buuuut, maybe that's just me.
--
Mooooving on :-)
Ryan and I both agree that our kids will not be going to Disney World before age 5, at least! It doesn't make sense to take them when they are so young, still need naps, and need to be constantly taken care of. I think 5-8 is the perfect range of taking young kids to these kinds of places. Not to mention how expensive it is for Ry and I to go. I don't know about you, but I kind of want to enjoy my time there instead of worrying if Brinley has a dirty bum, lug around a heavy diaper bag, if her sippy cup is clean, if she is too tired, going on rides alone or having to constantly watch her in midst of the busy crowds. If we had free tickets to go? Heck ya would I take her! But, I haven't even been to Disney World yet. I would LOVE to go with Ryan and just go go go non-stop all day and have a blast! Maybe I am just being selfish, but I think there are some things in life that are fine to delay for kids to appreciate a bit more :-) Buuuut, maybe that's just me.
--
Mooooving on :-)
We made the little less than 4 hour drive to Orlando to go here.
You see that white Explorer behind me? Friday night, Ryan and I saw this little oooold old man in the Hotel trying to get into his room. He was dressed up in a suit and I asked Ryan if he saw him while he was there at the Temple jokingly. When we went as a family Saturday morning to take pictures, he was getting out of that Explorer! He had a taxi service drive him to the Temple. He was the cutest littlest old man. What a testimony of the importance that at any stage and age in life, getting to the Temple is worth every effort.
It was a bummer for Ryan and I not to be able go to the Temple together, but I think we both appreciated the quiet time we had while being inside there. I couldn't help but shed a few tears at the magnitude of the inside. It has been 6 months since our last time at the temple. It is no lie that lots has happened in those 6 months, and to have the Temple attendance blessings absent, has definitely impacted us. My testimony is so incredibly strong of the importance of Temples and the work that is done inside. I walked out with a new appreciation of my family, my life, and for my future. It is amazing how a short 2 hours can completely change your outlook on life.
After living 4 hours away from the nearest Temple, Ryan and I are committed to settle down near a Temple. That will definitely be a factor when job opportunities arise in a couple years. I wish we had more time in Orlando to see more things, but it is a verrrrry spread out city. We didn't want to waste our time driving around "trying" to find different sites. Brinley did pretty good on the drive down and back, but lets just saaaaaay our DVD player+Dora+Brinley=quiet time and happiness. It was fabulous. The time where I don't care one bit if Brin watches too much TV!!!
--
And, the weekend just started! We're looking forward to more down time and celebrating the 4th!! What are your plans for the 4th??

oh WOW!! what a beautiful temple + family!! you guys are adorable.
ReplyDeleteand what a great idea to split up so both of you could do a session. i probably never would have thought of that.
i MUST plan a trip to come out and see you!! i miss you terribly. hope you guys have an awesome 4th!! i'm running a 10k and i am FREAKING out! haha if you don't hear from me i may have died...
So so so happy for you and Ry that you got to go to the temple. And so inspired that you made it happen. You guys are pro road trippers now. Is that a portable dvd player or a laptop? Just taking notes. Hehehe :)
ReplyDeletei'm so glad you guys got to go down there! we should go together next time our boys can spare the time.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you guys got a chance to go down to Orlando!! I agree with Freya next time we should get a few couples together and whom ever could watch Brinley so you two can go in together =)
ReplyDelete